Writing an offer when there is a deceased person on Title - BC Victoria

Q - How do I write in the owners names on the agreement when then husband is deceased but still on the title doc?



 You can ignore the husband as his interest has passed by virtue of joint tenancy (I assume is held as joint tenants)‎ to the wife.


She does need to formally convey title to herself at or prior to the completion date by filing an original death certificate at the Land Title Office. I would suggest she contact her conveyancing lawyer and have this done sooner than later.


If you have any additional questions please contact us.

No comments

Post Your Comment:

Posts By Date
MLS® property information is provided under copyright© by the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board and Victoria Real Estate Board. The information is from sources deemed reliable, but should not be relied upon without independent verification.